On Monday, April 7 the CIDNA Land Use Committee will consider a revised proposal from Trammell Crow Co. for an apartment project on the site of Tryg’s Restaurant. Drawings for the revised proposal are presented here. The meeting will be held at 6pm in the Lake View Room of Jones Harrison Residence, 3700 Cedar Lake Avenue. The developer seeks to address many of the neighborhood’s concerns including respect for the 56-foot zoning height limit. The Board of the neighboring Loop City Condominiums also has opposed the initial designs. The CIDNA Committee could consider a formal resolution in the April 7 meeting. Action by the CIDNA Board could take place on April 9. We expect to post drawings and possible resolutions for the revised project on this website in the coming weeks before the meeting.
The developer recently has offered the following design revisions:
• Establish building height within +/-4 feet of the Loop Condos. The buiding, nevertheless, would be 6 stories. The official height of the building would be 60 feet not including 3-foot parapet and a small 15-foot penthouse and stairway structure.
• Eliminate of the “L” adjacent to the Loop Condos to create a completely open side yard facing the Loop Condos.
• Create a more graceful interface with the Midtown Greenway using a single step back. No shading would occur on the Greenway at winter solstice.
• Add attractive architectural features, articulation, and materials to eliminate the monolithic character of the building and produce a more aesthetically pleasing experience for the neighborhood.
• Move the swimming pool away from the Midtown Greenway to the top of the new 1-1/2 story Tryg’s Restaurant on Lake St.
The revised project would be somewhat smaller than proposed on January 6. Trammell Crow had proposed a project with 177 apartment units. The company is now proposing 155 units with 233,335 gross square feet including 62,206 square feet of parking.