Representatives of Trammell Crow met with CIDNA residents on December 11 to discuss details of the apartment project to be constructed on the Tryg’s Restaurant site. The project is proceeding as expected and conforms substantially to the plans approved by CIDNA in April, 2014.
Small Design Changes and Improvements
A number of small design improvements were presented including:
- A fire truck turnaround has been introduced, whcih has the effect of moving the east wall of the entryway building 4 feet further away from the Loop Condos. This change also addresses concerns raised by Loop residents in CIDNA’s April, 2014 meeting approving the project.
- The roof patio area on top of the 6th floor has been reduced and moved south towards Lake Street, which will keep patio activity further away from Loop residents.
- The number of units has been slightly increased from 162 to 164 with the same number of total beds. The parking ratio will remain at about the same level (1.2 stalls per unit and 1 per bedroom, excluding 50 stalls for the restaurant).
- Small patios with surrounding potted greenery have been introduced on the garden apartments roof. This feature will improve the appearance of the low roof to the surrounding apartments and Loop Condominiums.
- Discussions are proceeding to eliminate the unsightly telephone pole on Lake Street by placing power and utilities underground.
Preliminary Construction Schedule
- Demolition of existing structure: March/April, 2015
- Soil remediation/export/foundation (including sheet pile driving): May/June/July, 2015
- Vertical Construction Commencement (above ground): August, 2015
- Construction Completion: October, 2016
- Move-ins: November, 2016
Traffic Management and Detailed Schedule
Traffic management plans and detailed construction schedule will be announced in about February depending on contractor discussions. Please consult this website for forthcoming details. Also click on the “Follow Us” button (top right) in order to receive notification of new posts.
If you are interested in joining a committee to advocate for a new pedestrian trail on the north side of the project and south of the Greenway, please contact Bob Corrick at email@example.com. Trammell Crow has included this trail on their site, but we must approach adjoining property owners to make this trail work.